Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fate (My Blood Approves, Book #2) by Amanda Hocking




"Alice Bonham thinks she's finally found a balance in her life between the supernatural and real life with her brother Milo. Jack - her sorta vampire boyfriend - keeps her at arm's length to keep her safe. As for his brother Peter... she's not sure where he's at, or what he wants with her. Worse still, she's not even sure what she wants with Peter. 

When tragedy happens, Alice finds herself struggling with a terrible choice. Her decision has consequences that reach farther than she'd ever imagined..."


Synopsis from Goodreads




My Review:
     Last summer, I bought the first book in this series on Goodreads. I read the first few pages and set it down to peruse the other books on my shelf. Almost a year later, I went back to the eBook and gave it another go. I was sucked in to it immediately. I finished it within a few days, which is fast for me. 

     The characters are so vivid and realistic that you really think that this is happening around you. That is when you know you have found a good book. When you are so completely immersed that you believe that you are a spectator to the scene playing out within the story.

     I can't really say a lot about the plot without giving away some MAJOR juicy tidbits, but I will try. Alice is trying to abolish her love for Jack, because her blood it meant for Peter, his brother. Peter and Jack are not really brothers, that's just an attempt to appear normal to the humans. Alice is torn between her feelings for the two guys, but soon she is distracted by a tragedy that hits closer to home. Everything in her world changes in an instant. Now Alice has to deal with her family crisis, her vampire love triangle, her drunken best friend and her senior year of High School. 

No comments:

Post a Comment