Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5: Required Reading




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted @The Broke and the Bookish


This weeks theme is about SCHOOL! With so many schools starting up again for the year, it seems totally appropriate. Though I have been out of school for some time, I still find this topic to be thought provoking. I'll do my best :)

1. The Giver by Lois Lowry - We read this book in the 6th grade. It was thought provoking, if not a little creepy.

2. A Child Called "It" by Dave Pultzer - This book is intense. It brings to light the issue of child abuse from a perspective that has more of an impact. 

3. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - Hobbits? Yessir. Who doesn't hobbits? They have giant, hairy feet and love a good adventure. This book was my favorite in the series because it was the smoothest read and it covered all the back story.

4. Night by Elie Wiesel - The real life account of a concentration camp from the perspective of a little boy is heart wrenching. I literally cried the whole time I read it, but I learned a lot from it.

5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson - The power of this piece and the lessons that can be learned from it could be very valuable. 

6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles - I just love this book. Everyone should read it ;)

7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Definitely for an older crowd, but it's amazing. I think there are a lot of themes that would make fore great discussions or projects. 

8. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen - A must read author for any teenage girl :)

9. The Diary of Anne Frank - Everyone has heard of her at some point, but reading her words really gives you a better understanding of her experiences and the world that she lived in.

10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (or another classic romance)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, following you from Goodreads. Check me out?

    www.thisgirlreadsalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete